Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Excluding specific pages in placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there is a way to avoid certain pages in placements.

For example, let's say I am running a display network campaign, based on keywords (target & bid) and placements (bid only). I have a managed placement www.abc.com. I would like to show my ads in its pages but *not* on its home page. 

Can I exclude that specific page through -ve placements?

Thanks in advance

Krishnan

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krishnan
September 2015

Re: Excluding specific pages in placements

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

You can exclude/include internal pages of a website but if you exclude main page url say www.abc.com then you'll be no longer to run your ads on its internal pages say www.abc.com/services. Main (Base) url is the core placement.

And if you wish to target internal pages of a particular website then you must have that website as managed placement. The better way to solve your query is to have that placement in your list and bid very low for home page url and bid higher for the page you want to target.

Thanks!
Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krishnan
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
As @avish said, you can't directly exclude a homepage. However, a number of large sites allow you to target specific sections within the site. What you could then do is target just the relevant sections, which could then leave out the homepage.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In other words, you must set abc.com as one of your managed placements but set a low bid for that page. On the other pages, such as abs.com/xyz.html, you can go ahead and increase your bids accordingly.