AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Excluding ads from search pages that I already rank well for?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently paused all of my brand keywords because they show up on the same pages that I already rank first page organically. However this brought my clicks way down and my impressions way, way, way up. Result, low CTR which effects my quality score and my CPC.

So, how can I keep my brand keywords that produce a good CTR while excluding my ads being shown on pages I already dominate organically?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack F
September 2015

Re: Excluding ads from search pages that I already rank well for?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jack,

Proably that's not something that you want to hear, but I think that not buying your branded keywords is such a terrible terrible idea.

Google conduct a study about this from time to time, and the numbers only have good thinkgs to tell you and they grow higher every time they update the study.

I mean, people are looking for you there, why won't you want to appear to them? You're just opening space for someone else to. Here you can find the study:
http://ssl.gstatic.com/think/docs/organic-impact-on-paid_infographics.pdf

About the ranking page, you can't do that by any natural means. There's not a setting on Adwords to do that kind of thing, so you'd have to know the keyword you rank on, and not advertise it.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree with @leandrofm, bidding on your brand  first and foremost allows you to deliver your own message / promotion in your own ad-copy written in your words.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I'll test and follow up.