AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Excluded locations

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

If I have an excluded location within an included location, for example a postcode within a county. Which setting takes precedent? If the whole area is included regardless of me excluding the postcode, is there an easier way of doing this?

thanks

Eddy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Excluded locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Koji,

Exclusion will take effect. In your example, the whole country will be targeted except that zip code. To that end, however, you'll need to apply settings to your advanced geographic targeting as shown below my signature.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture  -  may9.PNG

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Koji,

Exclusion will take effect. In your example, the whole country will be targeted except that zip code. To that end, however, you'll need to apply settings to your advanced geographic targeting as shown below my signature.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture  -  may9.PNG

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Eddy,

Your ads will be eligible to trigger for your targeted country and will not trigger within the specific postcode of that country which you have excluded.
If you want traffic only from the users which are physically present within your targeted location and want to exclude the traffic from the users physically present in that postcode, then set your location advanced setting as:

location adv_censored.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Lakatos already provided a quick suggestion Smiley Tongue

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’