Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Exclude Tablets in Enhanced Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can exclude mobile devices in enhanced campaigns but not the tablets.

Can anyone tell how can I exclude the tablet device in my enhanced campaign as I see no result there.

Thanks.

I.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclude Tablets in Enhanced Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ruchi P,

Welcome.

Unfortunately you can not exclude any devices in Enhanced Campaign.Your ad will by default show to all the available devices.

You can use new Bid Multiplier in order to restrict your ads showing on mobile devices.But you can't use it for Tablet devices as of now.

You may read the following article for more help.

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/02/enhanced-campaigns-new-bidding-tools.html

Thanks,

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ruchi, just to clarify Shuva's post, you can only exclude mobile devices from Enhanced Campaigns.  Desktops and tablets are, for now, considered to be one device.

This only currently applies to the Search network.  You can still target any combination of devices via the Display network.

Have you looked into why you're not seeing results with tablets?  Is your site tablet friendly?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

Yes, my site is not mobile and tablet friendly and in the mean time I wanted to pause it for tablet and mobile. 

Thanks for pointing out.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Jon, that's not correct. Even in Display only campaigns computers and tablets are 1 device while mobile is a separate device in which you can adjust the bid to -100%.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Clay, sorry, you're right of course.  I was getting confused with the advanced device settings for mobiles and tablets.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried this and got 0 clicks from tablets 

1) Go to the Edit option in the campaign settings 

exclude-tablets0.png

2) From the operating systems in the "Advanced mobile and tablet options" , i have chosen the least used operating system in it's oldest version

exclude-tablets1.png

3) The trick here is to chose the Max version the same as the min version, and let it be version 1 for the webOS , have you even heard of it ? Smiley Happy

exclude-tablets2.png

I am not saying this is bulletproof, It's just a way to tell the system that if the device is mobile , only run the ads if it has webOS 1 and nothing else.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Adrian B, great tip, but this works only for the display network. If your campaign type is search network only, there is no edit option Smiley Sad
I lost 150 € this month on tablet clicks. It's a big failure from AdWords that we don't have the option to adjust the bid for tablets to -100%, like for mobile devices...

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Actually it doesn't work. When you tell Adwords to show on any specific tablet, the system interprets that as you ONLY want to show on tablets and eliminates pc's.

I tested this and spoke to my Google rep about it. Unfortunately for now PC's and Tablets are in 1 bucket. Mobile is in a separate bucket with controllable bidding.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Clay S, you're right. So we can exclude PCs with this method, but there is no way to exclude tablets. It's a big big failure, I don't understand why they have done this...