1.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Exact keywords having low impressions, qual. score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an exact campaign, which has keywords with v low impressions, no conversions and low quality score 1/10.

Does it make sense to remove them? Will that improve the overall quality score of my account?

I am planning to remove these keywords and add them as modified broad? Is this a good strategy?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exact keywords having low impressions, qual. score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

So, no wonder  it has low QS,, Why are you keeping it?

Since the CTR for calculating QS is based on exact match (i.e. When the search query exactly matches the keyword) - I don't think it would matter much, Thus this KW is probably irrelevant to the campaign. 

Read this helpful article :

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Exact keywords having low impressions, qual. score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A Quality Score of 3 to 5 tells me something is a miss. A Quality Score of 1 says something is c;early wrong.

I would find out what is wrong with the keywords/ads/landing pages in this campaign first, then make a decision about what to do about.

One thing is sure though, anything with q low Quality Score will effect everything else to some degree. Pause it or get rid it.