Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Exact Impression Share

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

What should we understand by a Exact Impression share of 78%

Should We increase  it more, If  Yes then how can we increase it ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Exact Impression Share

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Jeewan,

Explained here by Theniks.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Exact-Match-Impression-Share/td-p/104584

This is very important metric which you can improve by maintaining relevancy.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Jeewan,

Explained here by Theniks.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Exact-Match-Impression-Share/td-p/104584

This is very important metric which you can improve by maintaining relevancy.
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jeewan,

Exact match impression share is the percentage of impressions that your campaign received for searches that exactly matched your keyword, divided by the estimated number of exact match impressions you were eligible to receive.

Thus if your campaigns have 78% exact match IS means most of the searches trigger ads on SERP from exact match keywords. The higher the exact match IS, higher the relevancy.

Yes you can improve the Exact impression. Run the search term report and add best search terms in your keyword list and exclude the irrelevant keywords. That helps you to increase the Exact Match Impression Share.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jeewan,

Yes there is a scope to increase your Exact match impression share. First you need to find out are you loosing any impression share due to ad rank or budget. You can know this by competitive metrics and take the necessary action.

Here are some general tips to improve your lost impression share:

Lost impression share (budget): Since this metric represents the impression share you lost due to an insufficient budget, consider increasing your budget.
Lost impression share (rank): This metric represents the impression share you lost due to a poor ad rank. Try increasing your bid or improving the quality of your campaign.

Please go through below link for more details:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Thanks,
Satya