AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Every two weeks my campaigns stop getting clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an account that I manage that has consistently struggled with getting clicks. I'm pretty certain it has to do with the location, and it's to be expected. My concern is that for the last 4-5 months now, this account gets plenty of impressions but 1 to no clicks for the first two weeks out of the month. Then towards the couple weeks it picks back up and starts getting clicks again. There's no issue with billing or budget or anything like that. The avg. position stays the same around 2.5. There's no discernible reason as to why this account gets clicks only every two weeks. Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Every two weeks my campaigns stop getting clicks?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Have you accidentally bid down significantly on the day parting information or ad scheduling? Under the settings tab in a campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't change anything. I've adjusted ads or bids here and there, but haven't made any dramatic changes to the settings. This happens consistently every two weeks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
That is very strange. It is hard to diagnose without being about to get into it, but could it be an extreme case of search fluctuation? (HIGHLY IMPROBABLE)

If I may ask what is the product or service?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Are we talking about a search campaign or display campaign here? Well usually when you get lot of impressions but less clicks mean either you are targeting a wrong audience or your ads are no attractive enough.

But If you get lots of impressions with ZERO clicks its unusual.

If this is a search campaign did u check ad preview tool to check whether ads working fine?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is a search campaign for a dealer selling my company's central vacuum products and services. We have a hundred other accounts for different dealers (all in different areas) with similar campaigns. This is the only one with such consistent fluctuation. They aren't receiving thousands of impressions or anything, which is normal for the product/service and audience we're trying to reach, but they're receiving enough that they should be getting clicks. And later on in the month, they do. They even end up with a decent CTR around 3% at the end of the month. I just can't figure out why it seems to be on a two week cycle. I've checked the preview tool and the ads do show up without any issues.

I'd think it had to do with competition somehow, but I feel like I'd see my avg. position fluctuate more than it does if that were the case. But that's about the only thing I can think of.