AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Est Top Of Page Bid Adjustment Rules

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

Say I have an account that I want to position very specifically. Between positions 2.4 and 2.6 across the board. 

If I set all keywords in an account to the Est Top of Page Bid, then go on to control on seperate levels, (like set percentage reduction rules on different match types etc), would this enable me to sort of "clean reset" all keywords to a point which I can closer control them and weed out issues? 

What effect would a big change like this actually have on an account? Could this approach work as regards quality score and historical data?

Re: Est Top Of Page Bid Adjustment Rules

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @abbie R,

I'm sorry, didn't get it what troubles you....

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If I set ALL keywords in an account to top of page bid estimate, then adjust them appropriately there after, what effect would/could this have on the account in question?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi @Abbie R,

first, I believe the CPC would rise. Accordingly there could be an increase in CTR (better positions usually have higher CTR - http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2013/02/22/click-through-rate-by-ad-position).
The conversion rate could rise a little, but don't expect miracles (http://adwords.blogspot.com/2009/08/conversion-rates-dont-vary-much-with-ad.html).
ROAS could stay more or less the same, but overall, the number of conversions could rise.

I would suggest to raise the bid for some keywords and measure the impact. If it's profitable, include more KW. Maybe the fastest way is to turn on CPA bidding.

Hope this helps...