AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will the new "enhanced campaign" feature impact a campaign that runs exclusively on GDN with image banners only?

Thx

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi GuyMei and welcome to the forum.  It's hard to say.  I wouldn't expect it to since the primary changes are in device delivery, not between the Search and GDN.  Obviously there may be some issues with displaying image Ads on some mobile devices but other than that I wouldn't expect to see much difference.

Don't quote me on that though - I've no direct experience of this yet.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Looks like so far anyway, campaign type and network settings will remain the same.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am not sure how will the enhanced campaign affect the GDN, but yeah I agree that there are some issues that most likely to happen showing image ads on different mobile devices depends on their os. I noticed something on device settings, I tried to change my target device from "all devices" to "desktop and tablets only" but I couldn't change it unlike changing from "mobile to all devices". Why is that? 

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Is this still a "legacy" campaign?

Tom

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, I think it'll surely affect the campaigns run on GDN. Though I am for sure "Google AdWords" must be aware of this, thats why they made it optional yet for being upgraded. They might be working on the same and once all is done okay they will implement it promptly.

Thanks!

Regards,

Anand Vishwakarma