AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Campaigns Profitability

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For all Pay Per Call advertisers, surely Enhanced Campaigns are a backward step on the path to increased earnings.

The ability to filter out wi-fi traffic can make the difference between profit and loss, especially on 'click to call only' campaigns. The reasoning behind this is that mobile users connecting via wi-fi cannot call directly. Am I missing something here or do I have to end my PPCall campaigns in June 2013 when the upgrade is forced, and I start losing money on them all.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Campaigns Profitability

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi redimp2, I don't think you're alone in being interested in where Enhanced Campaigns will take us.  We all need time to properly evaluate the changes, perhaps Google as well...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi both

I'm really keen to understand how this is going to work too, there's a series of webinars running about enhanced campaigns, with the first one tommorow-

Learn more about enhanced campaigns

I've signed up, hopefully my understanding will start to improve after tomorrow! :-)

Kind regards

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes - Call only campaigns will no longer exist. 

You can still select call only for the call extension, but you HAVE to target desktop/tablet PC's with enhanced campaigns. You can opt out of mobile by reducing bids, but you can't opt out of ALL PC's. No more tablet only campaigns either. No more specific devices, carriers, or OS.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As I've said on another thread, although there's no longer any specific "checkbox" to say mobile only, by manipulating the mobile bids you can make desktop bids so low that they're effectively switched off.

Jon

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah, I'm freaking out.  This is going to be completely devastating to my campaigns.  I'm guessing I am going to lose several clients over this.

If they change it so I can make the mobile bid adjustment 5000% that would help.  Unfortunately, it's limited to 100%.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

I thought the max increase was 300%?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Nope, the best you can do is double the bid for mobile.  This is the worst thing Adwords has ever done, and I've been using Adwords for like 10 years.  God, I hope there is a huge community backlash to this.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Sorry Wolf359, the mobile bid adjustment does extend to +300%.  Where did you read it was just 100%?

Jon

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

300% works, that's cool. They may have read it from my blog post Smiley Happy Because it looked like you could only increase or decrease by 100% (will correct) - However, I didn't try every possible interval. -10,000, -1,000 - Something like that may allow you to "opt out" of desktop/tablet PC's, but even 300% ain't enough if the bid adjustment is based of the PC bids, depending on the specific circumstances.

Ex. $.01 PC bid = Max mobile bid of $3.00. (right? or am I that horrible at math?)

Tom