2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Campaigns Bids for Mobile Devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can some one please tell me whats the best mobile adjustment for the follow data i currently have. And explain why?

Knowing that my current bid for mobile is -50%

Also, it would be perfect if someone tells me a general rule about separate bids.. When to bid higher or lower on mobile devices?

Thanks,

Computers & tablet:

Clicks: 14,900

CTR: 2.0%

AVG CPC: $0.14

Mobile Devices:

Clicks: 1,825

CTR: 1.8

AVG CPC: $0.09

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Campaigns Bids for Mobile Devices

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The general rule for mobile bids in my opinion are these :

1) Bid on mobile only when your landing page is mobile friendly and can display useful information on small screens, otherwise exclude mobiles by -100%

2) Bid on mobile when you can anticipate receiving conversions from the mobile landing pages, if there are no conversions and you get no leads or sales from the mobile campaign, you are just wasting money.

3) Use ad extensions for mobile like call extensions and 4 sitelinks

Are you tracking any type of conversions ?

Do you have Goals defined in analytics ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your points make a lot of sense to me, thank you!

My answers to your questions:

Are you tracking any type of conversions ?
- No

Do you have Goals defined in analytics ?
- No

KPI is to increase traffic from paid search activities. regardless of platform.

Another question comes to my mind when i see a higher traffic from tablets/desktops that mobile at lower CPC. Does that mean i should kill the mobile bid (-300%)

Also, some accounts have lower CPC for mobiles, does that mean i can bid higher to increase my traffic?

How will increasing/ decreasing mobile bid affect my traffic volumes? I want it to increase by maintaining AVG CPC.

Thanks,
Rayan

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Try to link analytics with the adwords account and search for the value of mobile traffic. If you do not have conversions at least this way you can verify average time on site for mobile and maybe it is a lot less than desktops, specifically if they do not see information on mobile frendly pages.

So if the budget spent on mobile is wasted, you may want to try some other methods like a Display network campaign or RLSA ( retargeting lists for search ads ). At least this way instead of spending 1,825 clicks x 0.08 $ = 146 $ on mobile , you can spend them on displaying large banners build in 5 minutes with the Display Ad builder.

To stop the mobiles the decrease is 100 % , only the increase is +300%.

If the "lower CPC" also has an average position ( avg. pos. ) metric of 1 , no matter how much you bid more you cannot bring your ad higher than position 1, if it is 1.2 or 1.5 or 2 , yes bidding higher can bring more traffic because position 1 brings more clicks.

To increase traffic by maintaining AVG CPC try creating new ads with call to action texts in them, this way for the same bid you get an increased click through rate. Also the extensions occupy more space on the page and can bring you more clicks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Rayan,

Adrian is spot on here with his comments!

I would back him on the mobile devices perspective that if you have dedicated mobile friendly landing pages or if your website is a responsive site, then only think about targeting mobile users, otherwise you can spend that amount of money elsewhere to fetch more ROI.

Although, in today's worlds online users are more actively engaged in mobiles when they are moving and that's the reason Adwords has ruled out the possibilities of targeting separate devices which we used to using legacy campaigns and introduced Enhanced Campaigns, I would suggest you to work on dedicated mobile landing pages if you can, so that you don't go out of the competition in front of other advertisers who might be earning high profits by targeting mobiles.

It would be interesting to see the Google Analytics stats for your mobile devices if you have already linked your Adwords account with Analytics and how the metrics are like average visit duration, bounce rate, goals (if you have already configured)...

My couple of cents!

Pankaj