6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My user click my ads on phones and tablet, but my website does not support the phone and tablet so what is the point in using enhanced camp?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Gm I wrote:

My user click my ads on phones and tablet, but my website does not support the phone and tablet so what is the point in using enhanced camp?

As per the current scenario, what you ca do the best to avoid traffic from mobile devices is to use the device level settings and reduce the bids for mobile devices by 100% in order to reduce the chances of your ad getting displayed on mobile phones like this:

2013-08-03 12_10_34-Campaign Management.jpg

For Tablets, there is yet not any option.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Gm i,
Welcome to adwords community,
If your website does not support mobile phone, you can exclude it. Click on campaign>>All Setting>> Device Setting>> Choose mobile bid >> decrease by 100%

Your ads will not show in Mobile. But you can not exclude tablet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Pankash, that does not help.

Google needs to allow users to exclude tablets, period.

My site is tablet friendly, but because of the type of site it is it doesn't EVER get conversions from tablets, so why should I be forced to include them in my settings?. No, I don't want to throw money away, thank you very much.

It is ridiculous and a blatant lack of respect from Google to its users that they do not allow this option.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@Andres - i agree with you that there should be an option to exclude them right when you create a campaign, but what @pankaj suggested is the only way you can ensure that your ads don't show for tablets or mobile devices.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Andres, can I ask how you know tablets never convert?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Because conversions are set up and the statistics are right there... I don't know if I understood the question since the answer is pretty obvious, unless you thought I was basing my comment on a hunch or assumption.

Conversions from tablets are less than five percent of total conversions for my site, yet consume over 40% of the budget. Therefore, I should be able to exclude tablets and stop wasting money.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I asked because when you're looking at cross-device conversions all you can see is the last-click attribution, you cannot track any clicks on other devices before a final conversion so you can't track assisted conversions from tablets, which, for some markets, will be their primary role.

For example, I frequently use my tablet to browse all manner of websites while I'm travelling, but I rarely use it to complete actual purchases.

That you're seeing any final-click attributed conversions at all for tablets suggests strongly that you're getting other conversions from other attributions but simply cannot see that data.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You make a good point. However, if I'm spending all of my daily budget every single day, the only thing that makes economic sense is to let that budget be spent on what you KNOW is paying off, not on assumptions.

I don't think you're quite right in your first paragraph, at least for my case, since someone who already visited the site will most likely type the URL directly instead of clicking on a paid link again, especially if the site has an above-average memorable URL and good overall online presence, not just from paid search. If users from direct traffic convert, they would not count as a conversion in Adwords, so the whole last-click attribution doesn't actually apply in this case, at least for the most part since obviously there will still be people who will click on an ad to get to the site again.

Also, my conversions are leads, not purchases. Filling out a form is much more likely to happen than a purchase the first time you visit the site.

I don't think the conversions I get from tablets mean anything other than people don't like filling out forms in them. I know I don't. Therefore, tablets are useless to me in Adwords and I should be allowed to exclude them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I forgot to mention that back when I could exclude mobile devices AND tablets, the cost per conversion for desktops was pretty much the same as it is now that I can't, but overal conversion cost has gone up. So again, that only tells me that tablets are useless for my site and Google is purposely making me throw good money away by not letting me exclude them.