Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Campaign - Bidding on Desktop vs Mobile

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have been watching videos about enchanced campaign published by google business.

They have mentioned if i dont want to show my ad on mobile i need to put a bid adjustment of -100% so my ads will only show on desktop & Tablets.But what if i want to show my ad only on mobile and not desktop. Should i bid on mobile as +300%???

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Campaign - Bidding on Desktop vs Mobile

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dreamzworld,

dreamzworld wrote:

I have been watching videos about enchanced campaign published by google business.

They have mentioned if i dont want to show my ad on mobile i need to put a bid adjustment of -100% so my ads will only show on desktop & Tablets.But what if i want to show my ad only on mobile and not desktop. Should i bid on mobile as +300%???

You got it right here Smiley Happy

So if you have already watched the videos related to how you should adjust bids for campaigns which should only be targeting desktops and laptops and not mobiles, then reduce their bid by 100%.

So if we follow the same mathematical calculations, you can go other way round by first setting the max CPC to be minimum and then raising the bids for mobiles by 300% which is the max. limit as per the help center article. Doing this will keep the desktops/laptops away from the competition and only mobiles will be eligible for ad auctions.

I would also encourage you to read this article of Jon which shed some more light on this topic.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj