Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enabled Inactive Ad Groups

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All. 

My question is: Does having enabled ad groups with enabled keywords that get no impressions or clicks taking away from ad groups that are performing? Does it affect/impact campaign conversion rates?

Not all but 75% of the keywords say "Low search volume".  I can't see where it directly affects the account, but just wondering if anyone had a more concrete answer on this.

Thank you and I look forward to your answers.

Sophia Mowatt

PPCSophie
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enabled Inactive Ad Groups

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Keywords that have no impressions have no effect on metrics. They just take up space in your account.

"Low search volume" keywords can't serve, because they don't even enter auctions.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Awesome, thanks for the reply.
PPCSophie

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Sophie,

Though the LSW keywords don't contribute in the average CTR and Conversion rate but yes if these keywords have good quality score then these will help to boost the overall account/campaign performance in terms of average QS.

Also, these keywords are treated as inactivate or can say standby. In case if there is any search on these keywords, these get activated and start contributing in the other metrics also.

lsw kw_censored.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’