1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Enabled Ads in Removed Adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had some adgroups in my campaign that were duplicated on accident, and some that just weren't working. They were paused for a while, but I decided to delete them because they were just adding clutter in my data. 

It didn't solve anything though. All the keywords and ads are still considered "enabled." I understand they aren't running, or competing against my other adgroups, but I can't seem to filter them out of my "enabled" data. It's disturbing my "wordstream" performance, and I can't find anyway to clear the clutter. Are there any solutions to this? It almost seems like I'll need to start an entire new account for it to go away.

In the future, should I remove all my ads and keywords before deleting my adgroups?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enabled Ads in Removed Adgroups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Removed ad-group and its content cannot be enabled. What you can do though is to download the ad-group to the editor, edit it (including the keywords), and upload it again to a new ad-group.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Enabled Ads in Removed Adgroups

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Sarah,

If you delete an agroup directly without deleting/pausing its ads and keywords then these will be shown as enabled and you can not make changes to their status, Similarly, if you delete/pause these ads and keywords before making a delete at adgroup level then the data will still be there with the status which you have opted before deletion and again the status can not be changed.

So in both the cases the data related to ads and keywords will be there. You can not permanently delete the data of removed campaigns/adgroups.

So, the best strategy to analyse the data for only enabled campaigns/adgroups is that first opt "all enabled" campaigns then opt "all enabled" adgroups.

It will shown data related to enabled adgroups of enabled campaigns only.
Other way is simply downloading the csv file and using filters(enabled) there.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’