Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Eliminating the requirement that the user's language is English

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This site thanks to Google AdGrant has about 300 visitors per day.

Now it is set to English language only.

Now I am thinking on eliminating the requirement that the user's language is English. I think so, because keywords are English and thus it is likely that the user knows English even if doesn't have English language in his settings.

How do you think, should I remove the requirement that the user's language is English?

And the same question on my another site which sells books in English.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Eliminating the requirement that the user's language is English

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Victor,

In you campaign settings you can change English to All Languages.

The only downside I can think of is if someone has their computer set to a non-English language, and they search for a non-English word, and Google sees it as a variation of the keyword you are bidding on. Even so, they are unlikely to click on your ad if they can't read it.

On the plus side, there are people who have their computer set to a non-English language, yet conduct searches in English. It might be a shared computer, or they might be bilingual.

It seems clear that the Grant account is the one to test this on. In most cases, for an English-speaking country like Australia, I would not expect to see many differences. For the USA, it might be noticeable.

Re: Eliminating the requirement that the user's language is English

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You will most likely get a lot of residual traffic with clicks but no conversions and your budget (though a "grants" one) will be exhausted fast....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’