AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Eliminating spam placements based on url TLD?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I have recently noticed an influx of spammy display placements in several client accounts.  Many end in .info or .xyz or other obscure TLD.  Is there a way to opt out of specific TLD's or make any domain with .xyz (for example) a negative placement?  Maybe using a wildcard?  I welcome any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks,

Kyle

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Eliminating spam placements based on url TLD?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kyle,

There's no option to add any particular pattern of websites to be excluded. What you do have is the option to exclude particular categories if you want. Like sensitive content, mature audiences, video content etc...I would suggest you to look at the domains and see if there are any particular domains from which you are getting unwanted traffic, you could exclude them at the domain level.

My Thoughts!
Pankaj

Re: Eliminating spam placements based on url TLD?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the response. I am already currently excluding based on placements, topics, and site categories. My client is in the travel industry and many of them are "fake" 1-2 page blogs about different country travel...most of the sites are actually even the same content, just different url...travelcanada.info, traveluk.info, etc. I don't want to exclude travel type sites as that is their business.

Regards,
Kyle