AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Effects of Google Optimize on AdWords Quality Score (Crossposted to Optimize Community)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I'm planning on kicking of a Redirect test next week on the landing pages I use for one of my desktop AdWords campaigns and I have a question about Optimize's effect (if any) on AdWords quality score.

I know that QS is a metric made up of many different indicators, and that one of those indicators is how well the landing page for a specific ad matches the search intent of that ad. 

I also know that a higher QS means I spend less money in realtime bidding, which is important to me. Smiley Happy

Does anyone know if the QS metric takes variants into account at all, or if the QS is strictly calculated off the canonical version of the LP, or does the metric take the variants into account as well?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

FWIW, I crossposted this to the Optimize Community, but haven't received any thoughts yet.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Effects of Google Optimize on AdWords Quality Score (Crossposted to Optimize Community)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The landing page checked is the landing page you direct the user to. This has to be relevant to both the query intent (as you mentioned) and the ad copy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the reply. I totally get that.

But since Optimize is serving different variants of a single landing page off the same url, I wasn't sure if the QS algorithm took into account the conversion rate/fit for each variant, or if it strictly focused on the primary variant in the test.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A/B testing is not part of the AdWords anymore. So, QS is calculated based on the landing page triggered by the ad. Hence, could be changed.  The landing page is not a major component of QS, so I assume changes to QS due to variants of the landing page are insignificant.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the thoughts, MosheTLV

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Joe R this dude is totally off. Landing Page Experience is absolutely a factor in QS. I have the same question as you but am having some trouble finding an answer