Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ETAs - Expanded Text Ads - Versus High Converting Ads in Multiple Ad Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of adding ETAs to multiple campaigns. I have my ad rotation set to "Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions". I'm in the early stages of converting but as you would expect, the new ETAs are not seeing much action. I am hesitant to flip the ad serving to "rotate evenly" for not wanting to lose conversions AKA "ecommerce sales in Q4". The older ads have good quality scores and are producing well.... any suggestions - anyone know what the big advertisers are doing about this? 

Thank you

James

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James L
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James L,

With your Expanded Text Ads (ETA) being newer, they are not going to launch right away with rocket fire and take over your older standard text ads. Also, we are seeing ETA as out-performing STA for the most part. We are actually making both types and then letting AdWords show the best. We have until late January 2017 to create both types... then AdWords will stop allowing us to make STA but they will still show them along with ETA. 

With that said, I would keep doing what you are doing and then flip to rotate ads evenly after the holidays. Why mess up a great thing that is working for you during the much needed holiday sales run?

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Makes perfect sense - Thank you.