AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ECPC Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I switched a campaign to the enhanced CPC version earlier this week and the initial results have shown a steady increase in CPA. I've read quite a few articles about people having success with this bidding option. I have only been running it for a few days so i wanted to know if anyone else had this initial result and then after a while conversions increased lowering CPA and increasing ROI? Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Curtis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ECPC Results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CBWY5, you say "earlier this week", it's only Thursday now.  How many conversions per day do you get?

I have to say my experience with ECPC has generally been good but like everything AdWords, it won't necessarily work for all businesses, all Accounts.  The key thing is to make sure you take decisions based upon a reasonable data set; if you get only 2 conversions a day and are looking at 3 days of data, that's not enough, if you get 200 conversions a day then 3 days is probably plenty.  It all depends.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: ECPC Results

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cobnut,

Thanks for the feedback. It has only been running for 2 days and I've had 2 conversions a day (the average for this campaign is 4 per day). I'm going to let it run as is for about a week to see if the results change for the better. I was a little concerned when the spend increased quite a bit. I switched this campaign over from conversion optimizer and set the max CPC at $1.00 for each keyword (this was based on average over last 30 days and input from my manager). The campaign hasn't come anywhere close to the daily budget set so I'm not too worried about the additional spend, but I wanted to see if others had similar experiences with initial tests of ECPC.

thanks,

Curtis