AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

ECPC Changes - Location Targeting Question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So with the recent changes to ECPC, google is now taking location in to account with this bid strategy, does it still make sense to set bid adjustments for certain locations if I want to focus on it regardless of whether or not it converts well? Because obviously ECPC is going to adjust if it thinks a conversion is more likely. 

For example, say you have a city that you really want to generate  business in even if the conversion rate is less than average in that location. Would setting location bid adjustments still make sense to show my ads more even though ECPC is taking that into account? Would it make sense to not set as high of a bid adjustment as previously with this change?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin L
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is a good question. Until the recent change to eCPC  I would say:  yes. Now, with the removal of eCPC limit - I would reconsider.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin L
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is a good question. Until the recent change to eCPC  I would say:  yes. Now, with the removal of eCPC limit - I would reconsider.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV

Thanks for the response! I think I may test it at smaller adjustments and just closely monitor it but I'm in the same line of thinking that it probably doesn't make as much sense now.