AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic search ads auto target use category

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi dear all:

For the Dynamic search ads, we've got 4 types of target: category, url, page title and page content, but now I noticed the "category" target doen't work anymore, it says 

No categories currently available for this campaign

have you come across this problem?

Thanks~

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic search ads auto target use category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, han g. I've only seen it in new campaigns, until the system had enough time to detect the categories on my websites. Never in a campaign that used to work and suddenly stopped detecting categories. Is your campaign new or old? Or did you change anything in your targeting?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Calin, I noticed that when creating a new campaign, then I checked the target in old campaign, there is data but could not use the "category" target any more..

Best wishes

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Strange. DSAs use categories from Google's organic search index. Did the site's structure change, or did it drop from the index?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.