Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic search ads auto target use category

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi dear all:

For the Dynamic search ads, we've got 4 types of target: category, url, page title and page content, but now I noticed the "category" target doen't work anymore, it says 

No categories currently available for this campaign

have you come across this problem?

Thanks~

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic search ads auto target use category

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, han g. I've only seen it in new campaigns, until the system had enough time to detect the categories on my websites. Never in a campaign that used to work and suddenly stopped detecting categories. Is your campaign new or old? Or did you change anything in your targeting?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Calin, I noticed that when creating a new campaign, then I checked the target in old campaign, there is data but could not use the "category" target any more..

Best wishes

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Strange. DSAs use categories from Google's organic search index. Did the site's structure change, or did it drop from the index?
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.