Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic keyword insertion for all match type except negative amtch

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I want to implement dynamic keyword insertion for all match type. I know it's good only for exact match and phrase match but I want to implement it for all match type because I have checked two years exact keywords data sheet and I found of most of them releted to our site's product and few of them from different brands and other irrelevant keyword.

I have added all the other's brand name and irrelevant search keyword as negative keyword and I will check keyword match type everyday in google anlytics and will remove everyday if I will find any irrelevant keyword.In these circumstances can I implement dynamic keyword insertion for all match type.

Please give your osuggestion whether should I implement this or not? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Re: Dynamic keyword insertion for all match type except negative amtch

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Santosh S,

DKI inserts keywords in your adcopy which matched with the search query. It never add search query in the add copy as even logically if you think search query can be anything can make your ad look even funny.

I would suggest add one adcopy with DKI and test how it is performing compare to regular ads in your campaign. DKI has potential to improve your CTR drastically but at the same time it has potential to drop performance. Test and see how it works!

You may would like to read below articles on DKI:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Dynamic-Keyword-Insertion-A-Great-Way-To-Incre...

DKI with negative keyword? I don't understand this. We add DKI code in adcopy not in keywords.

Let us know it this is not what you are after and if you have more questions.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I also agree with Neha, and want to add more.

Dear Santosh, you can add more exact keywords and also make DKI based ads. As Neha told we use DKI syntax in ad copy not in keywords how we can implement for negative keywords.

I would suggest you to make some DKI Ad copy and Some Simple Ad copy based on your relevant keywords( Exact & Phrase). And add negative keywords in to your Adgroup or Campaign on regular basis.

Best Regards,

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,2-25-2014 4-30-58 PM.pdf
"DKI with negative keyword" - I Just used because I have mentioned here all match type and negative match is one of the match type that's why I wrote that I know negative match type have nothing to do with DKI.

I have read your articles a couple of weeks ago that is really very informative.

I am attaching a screenshot there are some example please tell me which one is keyword and which one is search query.

*I am telling you what I know about Keyword and search query.e.g

Keyword - skinny jeans,  Search query - skinny jean sale, cheap skinny jeans.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I am talking about DKI syntax in ad copy not in keywords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author santosh s
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Santosh,

I think you are confused because in the example keywords and search query are same. Let me give an example,

If the DKI is used in the adcopy display url as shown in the screenshot & keywords are as below:

dark chocolate
sugar free chocolate
gourmet chocolate truffles

and the Search query: buy dark chocolates online - the display url will be www.example.com/dark+chocolate

As per the example you have given "Keyword - skinny jeans, Search query - skinny jean sale, cheap skinny jeans."

The system will add Skinny Jeans in your adcopy. It will not add skinny jeans sale, cheap skinny jeans.

In the screenshot for search query: gourmet chocolate truffles - result is not same because the character limit is beyond 35 so system will add default keyword. that is why display url for this search query is www.example.com/chocolate

Hope I am able to clear your doubt now.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Neha.