Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic insertion of city names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks, 

looking for a solution to insert dynamically German cities into banners, but got stuck and found only libraries like MaxMind & Co. which are not working very precisely, because of too many different proxies in Germany. But googles maps show my city precisely, without being logged in into google. This feature we would like to use, to insert the city as a dynamic parameter into the banner. 

Example: on a website user see a banner with his current city name, thats it. We don't have the need to localize the user to a square meter.

Is there a way to do it with google libraries? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Dynamic insertion of city names

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

From what I've seen around I don't think this is possible for display banners. Google don't allow advertisers to create external communication with databases, far as I know. Otherwise we would have tons of dynamic banners already.

I guess that if this is possible, it's probably through some 3rd party tool integrated with Adwords, or even through Doubleclick platform, and not directly on Adwords.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dmitrij M;

This was asked in the past. I am not aware this feature is available with banners.

Check this discussion;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Dynamic-Location-insertion/m-p/17623#M14...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Shalom @MosheTLV,

thank you for your quick reply!

We need this feature vice versa:
1. locate the users IP/Geo, (not exact, just on city-level (this is very important for the ad-concept)
2. Check the DB and find out the current city / location
3. insert the current city/location into the banner
4. show the banner with his current city / location

Now we produce a tonne of banners with different city-names, this is time intensive....we would like to create one banner-set with one dynamic city-parameter which depends on the users current location.

Any other creative ideas? ;-)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

From what I've seen around I don't think this is possible for display banners. Google don't allow advertisers to create external communication with databases, far as I know. Otherwise we would have tons of dynamic banners already.

I guess that if this is possible, it's probably through some 3rd party tool integrated with Adwords, or even through Doubleclick platform, and not directly on Adwords.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, will move the thread to DCM Help... ;-)
Any solution is welcome!