2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been running a dynamic search campaign for the product pages in my website. I am still in the experimentation phase, adding negatives and exclusions based on the results I get each day. So far so good.

I noticed that there are a few keywords that come up a few of times a day with a CTR of 0%. The problem is that they are not being automatically linked to the page on my site that I think is best for those particular keywords. The one that is being shown is simply not as relevant even though it does have some of the same keywords in the page text.

Is it possible to enter keywords in a Dynamic Search campaign and specify a destination URL? Right now I have no keywords because it's all being done automatically by Google.

I realize I could simply exclude these keywords and create a separate campaign for them elsewhere, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Re: Dynamic Search Campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey fnippy!

Just so we are clear, you have a single dynamic search campaign, set to 'all pages', and that is your only campaign?  

The reason I ask is that I would generally set that campaign to a very low bid for mining purposes..

Re: Dynamic Search Campaign

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
It is not my only campaign. I have another regular search based campaign that focuses on the industry in general.

I have the dynamic search campaign set to show only pages in my site that are part of the store (using specific URL parameters). For the most part, it is working well, but as I said, some keywords are sending searchers to products that don't match their apparent intent.