Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing with Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I try to use google tag manager for dynamic remarketing.
In some pages of my website (searchresults, category) I have a lot of items (ecomm_prodid).

My question is : is Adwords enough "intelligent" to know (weighting) that ecomm_prodid from a product page has not the same value (for the purpose of remarketing) that a category_page or a searchresults page ?

Is it really useful to have ecomm_prodid and ecomm_totalvalue for category page and searchresults ?

thank you very much

Elena

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Elena,

Hope you are doing well.

I would like to share that ecomm_prodid and ecomm_totalvalue has nothing to do with the search results for the specific category pages.

Please refer the information given below for more clarity:

• ecomm_prodid: This is the ID of the product viewed on a given page. This parameter is required whenever the ecomm_pagetype is set to product or cart. More than one product ID can be passed on cart pages.
  • ecomm_pagetype: This designates the type of page that was viewed. Possible values include home, searchresults, category, product, cart, purchase or other. You will need to map the pages on your site to fit into one of these categories.
  • ecomm_totalvalue: This is the value of the product viewed, which may change depending on whether the product is being viewed from a product detail page or in a cart.
  • ecomm_category: This is the category to which the product or category page being viewed belongs.

Additional information can be passed along within custom parameters as well, such as productnameproductsale, etc. For more clarity you can refer this link .

Hope this helps!

Best,

Abdur

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Elena F

Including ecomm_prodid on category pages is optional. However, it does offer you additional benefits. You can build more audience lists and even the system will have more insights to optimise your remarketing ads. 

About AdWords understanding the difference between a product page and a  category page or a search page, yes it knows it all based on your inputs. It depends on how you tag your pages with ecomm_pagetype parameter. If you do it wrong, the system may understand it wrong. 

ecomm_totalvalue is not required on category or search result pages. You only need two parameters there - pagetype and prodid. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I've juste read this pagehttps://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/parameters#retail and I have the answer to all my questions !

comm_prodid : This parameter should be passed when the ecomm_pagetype is product or cart.

ecomm_totalvalue : This parameter should be used on product, cart and purchase page types and should contain

• the value of a single product on product pages
  • the total sum of the values of one or more products on the cart and purchase pages

ecomm_pagetype : Indicates the type of page that the tag is on. Valid values: home, searchresults, category, product, cart, purchase, other

ecomm_category : This parameter contains a string specifying the category of the currently viewed product or category pages. The string can be any value and does not need to conform to any specific naming convention

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up remarketing in google analytics account, now i moved to google tag manager. how to set up in google tag manager.