4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing to Non Product Viewers

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does anyone know how and what Google serves to non-product viewers within dynamic remarketing campaigns? For example serving a dynamic remarketing campaign to homepage visitors. If they have never visited a product page, will Google "randomly" select a product from your feed to serve them?

I have a campaign that fits this scenario. It is getting a lot of impressions, and it's got me wondering what is being served to these people.

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Dynamic Remarketing to Non Product Viewers

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi
Lets 1st understand that if you create list of users who visited home page that does not mean its list of users who only visited home page. The same users might well have visited product page as well. If you create list of homepage visitors and exclude all users who have viewed list, product , cart , etc. I would guess these users will not be served with dynamic product ads.
Hope this helps
Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Nik,

I considered what you mentioned too, namely that I can't assume just because some visited a non-product page does not mean that they had also visited a product page at some point. I suppose the best thing to do in this scenario is run the test that you mentioned.

Thanks,

Marcus

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Nik,

To follow up, I started testing an audience for people who have not visited a "product" page (i.e. the pagetype is "product"), and it is being served.

Alternatively, I have been allowing AdWords to "find new customers" via "Conservative Targeting". If I'm not mistaken this would grab people who have not been to my site, and therefore have not been to a "product" page. However, when I segment under "Placements", I see that this portion of traffic is being served dynamic remarketing ads too.

So it appears my dynamic ads are serving to non-product viewers. Any other insights on this? Anyone else?

Thanks,