Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Tag Error - Product ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. In May, my client switched their website to use the Shopify platform. After switching to the new platform, we have not had success with the dynamic remarketing tag for our dynamic campaigns. I have called Adwords about this multiple times and had several calls with the implementation team, and no one can help. 

The campaigns are displaying the two errors below: 

Error 1

Your tag hits with "product ID" are down by 99%
Without "product ID," your dynamic ads won't be tailored to visitors' activity on your website.

Error 2: 

"product ID" values don't match the "product ID" values in your feed.
None of the values in your tag match the "product ID" values in your feed. This can cause your ads to show less relevant items and may affect your dynamic ads' performance.

The Dynamic remarketing tag is set up through Google Tag Manager, I checked everything in GTM and on the site, and the information is populating. In the screenshots below, you will see how the information populated in GTM and a preview of the tag on the site. 

Screenshot 1
Capture 1.PNG
Screenshot 2
Capture 2.PNG

Is there something I need to update in the Google shopping feed? Any help would be greatly appreciated because at this point I'm stuck on what to do next. 

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Remarketing tags

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. In May, my client switched their website to use the Shopify platform. After switching to the new platform, we have not had success with the dynamic remarketing tag for our dynamic campaigns. I have called Adwords about this multiple times and had several calls with the implementation team, and no one can help. 

The campaigns are displaying the two errors below: 

Error 1

Your tag hits with "product ID" are down by 99%
Without "product ID," your dynamic ads won't be tailored to visitors' activity on your website.

Error 2: 

"product ID" values don't match the "product ID" values in your feed.
None of the values in your tag match the "product ID" values in your feed. This can cause your ads to show less relevant items and may affect your dynamic ads' performance.

The Dynamic remarketing tag is set up through Google Tag Manager, I checked everything in GTM and on the site, and the information is populating. In the screenshots below, you will see how the information populated in GTM and a preview of the tag on the site. 

Screenshot 1
Capture 1.PNG
Screenshot 2
Capture 2.PNG

Is there something I need to update in the Google shopping feed? Any help would be greatly appreciated because at this point I'm stuck on what to do next. 

Thank you!

Dynamic Remarketing Tag Error - Product ID

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

this issue is usually due to the shopify

template/theme being used and how

shopify product (feed) data is being

submitted from shopify.

the best likely course would be to contact shopify support directly --

https://www.shopify.com/contact

https://help.shopify.com/questions