AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing Ads show wrong products

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

My dynamic remarketing ads started showing wrong products. Instead of the ones which I visited, I see some other products I never visited (It looks like I see products which used to sell well 2 months ago and also some very cheap ones). The problem remains using some other never used before browsers. What can be the reason....? Some settings perhaps...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
March 2016

Re: Dynamic Remarketing Ads show wrong products

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kasia,

I recommend that you re-check your Google Dynamic Remarketing tagging setup and ensure that it was setup correctly.  Tagging for Dynamic Remarketing can be done via AdWords or Analytics.

Also, double-check your settings inside of AdWords and make sure that you're setup to only serve Dynamic Remarketing, vs general Remarketing.

Make sure that you have a valid, updated feed for which to run Dynamic Remarketing with.  If you're seeing Ads for old products there is a chance your feed needs to be updated with your current assortment of products.

Make sure you're running only Dynamic Remarketing Ads, and not any static Text Ads.

Have you checked to ensure that it was setup correctly?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kasia I
March 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kasia,

I recommend that you re-check your Google Dynamic Remarketing tagging setup and ensure that it was setup correctly.  Tagging for Dynamic Remarketing can be done via AdWords or Analytics.

Also, double-check your settings inside of AdWords and make sure that you're setup to only serve Dynamic Remarketing, vs general Remarketing.

Make sure that you have a valid, updated feed for which to run Dynamic Remarketing with.  If you're seeing Ads for old products there is a chance your feed needs to be updated with your current assortment of products.

Make sure you're running only Dynamic Remarketing Ads, and not any static Text Ads.

Have you checked to ensure that it was setup correctly?

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Brian,

These dynamic product retargeting ads campaigns.

Do they have the capability to show multiple products a user who has viewed in the past in one ad? For example a user views 5 products on my site then leaves. Once they leave would google begin showing ads that have all 5 of these recently viewed products in them, or will only the last viewed product be placed here?

I understand different ad sizes will show different numbers of products in them, but is google capable of showing multiple recently viewed products in one banner ad?

One support rep on the adwords team explained it to me as only one recently viewed product would show in the banner, then the other products would be alike products apposed other products the user has viewed.

Hope to hear back soon,
Connor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Follow carefully the instructions in the relative unity : https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3180758

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

To my understanding, it should show all 5 products.

And, I think the ideal ad type from the ad gallery is the following :
Dynamic Ads => Dynamic responsive ad (beta).

Also, you may find useful the category "Gmail Ads" -> the 3rd type : Gmail multi-product template 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Question Brian ..my experience has been that the Google will show other products that match the same category pulled from the product category feed. i am not sure how it prioritizes content from multiple viewings. It is very difficult to get a straight answer on this question