Hello, considering these 2 ads

Buy Sweet Candies

For a bunch of dollars

only the best Sweet Candies

---------------

Buy {KeyWord:Candies}

For a bunch of dollars

only the best {KeyWord:Candies}

If a user searches the keyword "sweet candies" (considering i have [sweet candies] in my keywords list) the output of those 2 ads will be the exact same. Will the performance/ad position/etc... be the same? Or is Google going to consider the first ad better performing than the second because "you got it right" without the help of dynamic keyword tool?

What's the output of this based on your experience?

Thank you very much!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yari L
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion vs standard ad performance

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

What the searcher will see when your ad is triggered depends on the keywords in your campaign. If you have both candies and sweet candies as keywords, then the ad headline will match whatever the searcher's search query was (for the DKI ad). 

As for which ad the system will trigger, that's based on more than search query matching. The system will trigger the ad with the highest ad rank--the best-performing ad. If the person searches for sweet candies then the system might trigger the first ad in preference over the DKI version, not because you 'got it right' but because the headline/text of the ad is a better match for the searcher's query. On the other hand, if the DKI ad has significantly outperformed the traditional ad, then the system might trigger the DKI ad because it expects that ad to have higher potential for getting a click.

I would suggest that you try both versions and see which one produces the best results for you.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yari L
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

What the searcher will see when your ad is triggered depends on the keywords in your campaign. If you have both candies and sweet candies as keywords, then the ad headline will match whatever the searcher's search query was (for the DKI ad). 

As for which ad the system will trigger, that's based on more than search query matching. The system will trigger the ad with the highest ad rank--the best-performing ad. If the person searches for sweet candies then the system might trigger the first ad in preference over the DKI version, not because you 'got it right' but because the headline/text of the ad is a better match for the searcher's query. On the other hand, if the DKI ad has significantly outperformed the traditional ad, then the system might trigger the DKI ad because it expects that ad to have higher potential for getting a click.

I would suggest that you try both versions and see which one produces the best results for you.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yari L,
on a lighter note i would like to ask you one thing where did you find that google is allowing to change description line 2 by adding DKI? As far as i know google allows to change headline only not to chnage description line 2.may be I am wrong I am requesting to the top contributors of this community.Please let me know if google is allowing something like that.

thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I missed to add that google allow to change destination url as well.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
ohh sorry display URL.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Yari,

Welcome to the AdWords community Smiley Happy

It is very hard to tell which ads will get higher positions as both the ads will be identical the given condition.

The ads which has higher quality score and CTR win the ad auctions. If the DKI ads have good CTR as there are other variations of keywords in the ad group, thus in this circumstances the DKI ads will win the ads auctions.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

As far as I know, Santosh, you have always been able to use DKI in an ad's headline and/or in the text of the ad itself.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks very much for your reply Theresa_Zook .

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Santosh,

Regarding your question:"As far as i know google allows to change headline only not to chnage description line 2.may be I am wrong I am requesting to the top contributors of this community.Please let me know if google is allowing something like that", this is a question thats been asked in previous posts to the Community. 

There's actually a good conversation which addresses this question in this thread: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-can-i-change-a-part-of-the-Ad-Headline-amp-De...

In short, yes you can change parts of your Ad's Headline and Descriptions line 1 & 2 with Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Referring to my question: what you said means that the performance of one ad vs the other is based on the "history" of the ad? Considering that the 2 ads will have the same output, If one ad has performed better then the other in the past, it will win?

Finally, do you suggest to create both of them and then check in some days which is performing better and delete the other?

Referring to Santosh question: in this Dynamic Keyword Insertion tutorial Google says You can add the keyword insertion code with any component of your text ad: headline, description lines, display URL, or destination URL.