1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion for long tail

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently tried to improve ad relevance for a Japanese ad campaign by using Dynamic Keyword Insertion. However, for proper ad title grammar for the DKI ads, I'd end up inserting での (in) into the keywords (e.g. 'factory audits in Vietnam'). Unfortunately, this seems to have rendered the keywords useless, which now suddenly all indicate 'Low search volume' as their status.

I tried to replicate the issue using the English equivalents instead, which rendered them eligible again. I'm not sure how AdWords handles Japanese in terms of word definition (as unlike alphabet-based languages it does not use spaces), but experimenting with added spacing and modified broad search (adding pluses for the real keywords) yielded no results.

Is DKI not an option for me then? Or would there be some kind of work-around?

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion for long tail

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Tycho01,

DKI insertion work better for keywords which have quality score of more than 6, if keyword you are using in DKI has low quality score or have low search volume DKI will not work in its best way. Try to use the best performing keyword in DKI.

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion for long tail

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I agree with Dinesh, lower QS for DKI keywords usually means the default static headline will show instead. I thought the bottom line was a QS of 4 or lower, but the bar could have been raised higher recently. That should have no bearing on the keywords status though. Hmm... I don't know about non-latin based languages, but I did find this line in the cited help article...

"To ensure that all browsers display ads properly when using keyword insertions, special characters are not fully supported within your Destination URL. For example, if your URL contains the letter "e" with an acute accent (é), the URL will appear with '%C3%A9' instead. To avoid this, we recommend that you don't include special characters in your Destination URL."

Using keyword insertions

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454041

That's for the destination URL, but perhaps this applies to DKI headlines as well? Are there any other warning or error messages from keyword diagnosis or the adpreview tool other than low search volume?

Tom