3.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion doubt...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i want to know if an enduser is searching a keyword including the brand name eg:- buy puma shoes online.

so the google will allow that keyword as the headline or not, what if the advertisor is not an authorised person from puma. so will google show my that keyword as headline.?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion doubt...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Bizarre.... I was pondering the same thing just a couple of days ago - and the answer that came back from Google was that they scan ad copy and keywords for trademarked terms.

If a TM term is found in the keywords this will not be able to trigger a DKI ad - which makes perfect sense.

If there are other, non TM keywords in the ad groups these can trigger the DKI ad, if not then all ads will all use the default text- which kind of defeats the object...

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you have been hit with a TM violation, then it will operate as stickleback says. With your DKI ads not triggering for TM terms.

But Google does not actively search for TM used terms, a complaint has to be made (In most cases, there are exceptions). So if you use DKI with TM terms those terms will be displayed in your ad and make you (or a competitor) likely to receive a TM violation at some point.

I have actually had competitors bid on clients company names and then use DKI, seeming to claim that they are the company as a result. A complete oversight on their part. This ad was not disallowed, until a compliant was made.

Good Luck

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@Clynton M - that's really interesting since, as I mentioned in my initial reply, I brought this up just a few days ago... perhaps deeper investigation is needed ;-)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I am assuming that when they talk of scanning ad copy for TM terms it is in respect to any current violations and/or complaints that have been made.

I know some TM terms seem to be disallowed rather quickly which makes me think that there are some 'general' TM terms that are always scanned for, either that or the companies are actively searching for people using their TM.

I guess it just comes down to volume and accuracy. A 'small' company name could be TM but unless they complain directly to Google regarding TM use, Google has no way of knowing that they have the TM and thus no way to stop its use.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
That makes sense. I guess if someone has registered a TM complaint before that could be in a database against which they check both KW and ads. For a new term, you're right, there would be no way to know...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks clynton and stickleback for giving importance to this one...