AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Keyword Insertion & Quality Score

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Team,

Please let me know using the dynamic keyword insertion in Adcopies in anyway reflect to low quality score?

Regards,

Gokul 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gokuldas K
September 2015

Re: Dynamic Keyword Insertion & Quality Score

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gokul,

Yes, it can have an effect on the QS but generally it would be a positive move rather than negative. If you have the keyword appearing in the ad copy it's more likely the user is going to find it relevant and your CTR can go up. CTR is a big part of the QS.

On the other hand, if the ads don't make complete sense after the keyword has been inserted, the ad may read poorly and get a lower CTR.

Just make sure that the adgroups that are using them are set up in a way that if it was to happen all the time, the ads read well.

I hope this helps you but let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The safe way to use DKI is to apply it to an ad group with exact match keywords , this way only when the search term matches exactly the keyword, the keyword is inserted in the Ad and it can have a high CTR also because the DKI text will be written in bold. For 100 exact match keywords of similar products this way you do not have to write 100 different Ads.

Besides the CTR , the DKI method can also create trademark in Ads issues if a trademark keyword is used or if the combination of the default text with the inserted keyword matches a trademark name.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a lot Adrian..

I was also thinking the same and now its clear for me. I have seen people who go with DKI for broad match keywords. I really do not advice this.

Thanks again Adrian,
You are simply great!
Gokul

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Gokul,

Yes, it can have an effect on the QS but generally it would be a positive move rather than negative. If you have the keyword appearing in the ad copy it's more likely the user is going to find it relevant and your CTR can go up. CTR is a big part of the QS.

On the other hand, if the ads don't make complete sense after the keyword has been inserted, the ad may read poorly and get a lower CTR.

Just make sure that the adgroups that are using them are set up in a way that if it was to happen all the time, the ads read well.

I hope this helps you but let me know if you have any other questions.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you so much Purefuz... That was really helpful.

Thanks,
Gokul
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The safe way to use DKI is to apply it to an ad group with exact match keywords , this way only when the search term matches exactly the keyword, the keyword is inserted in the Ad and it can have a high CTR also because the DKI text will be written in bold. For 100 exact match keywords of similar products this way you do not have to write 100 different Ads.

Besides the CTR , the DKI method can also create trademark in Ads issues if a trademark keyword is used or if the combination of the default text with the inserted keyword matches a trademark name.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a lot Adrian..

I was also thinking the same and now its clear for me. I have seen people who go with DKI for broad match keywords. I really do not advice this.

Thanks again Adrian,
You are simply great!
Gokul