AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Display Remarketing URLs

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I am setting up a new campaign for dynamic display remarketing. What is the best practice for destination URLs since there are multiple products appearing in one ad? Is it possible to segment the URL based on the audience the person was placed i.e. shopping cart abandoner, general visitor, etc.?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Display Remarketing URLs

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi David,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your question on "what is the best practice for destination URLs since there are multiple products appearing in one ad?" My suggestion to make your ad more effective and easier to manage is create seperate ads for each product and destionation url. You don't need to segmet the URL based on the audience was placed. Simply add all 4 types (General visitors, Product viewers, Shopping cart abandoners & Past buyers) to your ad group. You can reference our suppor page for Dynamic remarketing campaign set-up guide for more information on this feature.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Besides the great advice from JP , as I understand how these Banners are created , the advertiser input is limited to adding logo , setting size and color of headline and Google chooses what products to include from the Merchant Feed in the banner.

I think the Destination URL is also automatically set by Google to match the product from the banner ( but I am not sure and it is not explained in the Help Center).

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John Paul,

I don't quite follow this approach. We have around 200 products in our merchant feed. The whole benefit of dynamic ads is so that I don't have to create ads for each product and Google creates them automatically for me. I assume Google automatically assigns a destination URL based on the content the person viewed on my website no?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

David,

I stand corrected. You and Adrian are correct. In Dynamic remarketing, the destination URL is automatically placed based upon content or product that was viewed on your website. Please disregard the last part of my original response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
YOU MUST BE A MILLIONAIRE OR YOU WORK FOR GOOGLE, THEY ARE CHARGING 10.00 DOLLARS FOR ONE AD VIEW, WHY WOULD YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE THAT, THEIR ARE ALTERNATIVES, GOOGLE PLANS TO GO TO 20.00 DOLLARS FOR A AD CLICK SOON, REMEMBER I CALLED IT.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Calvin,

Please keep your comments relevant to the thread subject. Please also respect other users and Google employees on this forum as per the Community Posting Guidelines. This is a community of users helping each other with AdWords, and we'd like to keep things fun, friendly, and Googley. Treat the Community and other users as you would like to be treated.