AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicated Adwords Campaigns in Different Accounts - How Does this work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been asked many times to duplicate campaigns for different Accounts in hopes that they achieve the same success, is this correct?

Example.....

I have 2 automotive dealerships both in the same Geo Radius. The client is asking that both dealerships have exactly the same search campaigns with exact same keywords. They believe that both accounts will see the same results over time. I do not believe this as being true. This does not include Branded searches. I feel that this could be more of a negative affect than a positive. Keywords will compete against each other and user location searches will still vary and change the over all outcome. Please, help me with this! Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicated Adwords Campaigns in Different Accounts - How Does this work?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... If the dealerships are by different owners that would make sense to set separate accounts. (They are competitors - aren't they?).  If they are under the same business entity, and sell the same  brands of cars, setting  two accounts is a violation of the Policy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
They are owned by the same auto group. They do naturally compete because of location. Can you tell me more? Thnx

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are they selling the s mane auto brands?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, they both are selling the exact auto brands.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David W
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Promoting the same products to the same targeted audience (which seems to be the case - selling the same auto brands within the same Geo-area)  by the same business entity, using different accounts is a violation of the "gain unfair advantage " section of the Policy;

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks again, you are the best!

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@David W  

I've worked in a situation like this before.  The Detroit Area Honda Dealers Association is a group of 15 different dealerships in Southeastern Michigan.  They are technically competitors, but work together under this "umbrella" for the purpose of achieving a specific dealership status with Honda.

We setup a unique account for each one.  Not all of them conflicted due to distance from one another, but there were definitely multiple ones that did.

You can certainly setup everything the same to start out, but as you optimize as the data rolls in, things will certainly change.  You are correct in disagreeing that identical campaigns will produce equal results.   One dealership may have a more convenient location than the other. One dealership brand may have more perceived authority to the public than the other.  There are a lot of different variables that will cause each account to develop its own unique pattern over time.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Awesome! Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

What @David Kyle described is a business partnership while the ownership (i.e. the business entity)  is different.  @David W asked about same ownership of the business... - in this case, it would be a violation if a competitor filed  a complaint;