Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate words coming through search term report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I'm increasingly noticing searches with duplicate words coming through my phrase match keywords. For example I'm seeing quite a lot of searches like the following:

velux roof widows windows

size 9 riding boots boots

oak doors doors

I can understand that this could just be down to user error when typing in their search term but I've seen this far too many times for it to just be user error. The reason why this concerns me is because if the duplicate word wasn't in there, then the search term would've been picked up by the Exact match variant wheras (due to the duplicate word) it is currently being picked up by my phrase match keyword.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this may be happening?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate words coming through search term report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Rashed K;

This could happen if the keyword was triggered by different variants; This should be noted next to the match type 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Rashed,

If you segment your search term report by "Network (with search partners)" do the duplicate word searches come primarily through search partners? Google counts product pages on search partner pages because they have to pull a search query from somewhere. A lot of times they pull the search query from the links that users are clicking to get to that page and not necessarily from what the user searched (or a combination of the two).

-Jim

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jim,

Yes they are apearing form Search Partners and that answers my question. Thank you very much for your help Smiley Happy