AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

It's clear you shouldn't have duplicate keywords across 2 campaigns (or ad groups) with the same targeting and the same campaign type (i.e. don't have 2 search campaigns targeting Brazil containing the same keyword)

You can however have a different campaign type - e.g Display Network campaign targeting Brazil with the keyword 'help' and a Search campaign targeting Brazil with the keyword 'help'

How does Search with display select fit into this ? does it clash with either of the other 2 campaign types ?

Thanks 

K

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kay,

A "Search Network with Display Select" campaign could overlap with both "Search Network Only" and "Display Network Only" campaigns. A "Search Network with Display Select" campaign allows the majority of features of a "Search Network Only" campaign with a notable exception being the ability to use Dynamic Search Ads. This campaign type also adds the ability to target keywords and placements (but not retarget) on the display network with the array of display ad types (and automated bidding!). If you are looking to target keywords on both the search and display network and want to minimize the amount of campaigns then this would be the campaign type for you. However, I would recommend you keep them separate for greater bidding, budgeting and targeting flexibility.

Good article on the comparison of Search vs Search with Display Select: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3437721?hl=en
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But does this mean that if I have a search campaign and a search with display select campaign - both targeting Brazil and the keyword 'help' - that they will be bidding against each other ?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, both campaigns would be eligible to show search ads on Google search and search partner pages.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks