Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate KW and CPA

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I know that duplicate KW in campaings with bid strategy Focus on click are fightin againts each other and can cause higher CPC.

In case I have campaings bid strategy is Focus on conversions (CPA) does it matters if I have duplicated KW?  If yes what can be consequences?

Thank you

-Lukas

- Lukas
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate KW and CPA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lukas;

3 different issues here:

1. Which keyword will trigger the ad
  2. How much you will pay per click
  3. And CPC bidding method (CPC, CPA, ROAS)

Adwords is a CPC system. The KW which triggers the ad, will be the one with the highest ad-rank. No matter what bidding method you use - the system will calculate a CPC and use it  to calculate the ad-rank.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
So if I have only CPA and a lot of duplicate KW, there is possibility I will pay more just because I have duplicate KW?
- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Yes, there is a possibility.

When you look at your CPA campaign, you should be able to see which keywords it has selected to drive the most traffic on. If it were me, I would pause those keywords in the other campaign.

However, one of the things a CPA campaign tends to do is to concentrate most of the traffic serving around a (comparatively) few keywords. I'd leave the keywords not being triggered in the CPA campaign active in my CPC campaign--and I'd pause them in the CPA campaign.

In general, I'd say it's difficult enough wading through all your data to determine when something you're doing is working and whether or not you're driving leads profitably. Creating additional problems by competing with yourself is just going to make your life harder. Smiley Happy

My $0.02.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The KW  with  the highest ad-rank  is matched to the search query. If this KW had  the highest  bid, you would pay more. But, as Theresa mentioned, this is due to the KWs competing - not because of the bidding methods.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’