Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Display Ad placement on a site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Client_Duplicate_Images.png

One of our teammates found this placement of our client's banner ads while looking at her Yahoo mail inbox.  We actually have this banner in multiple ad groups with different targeting options enabled.  It is possible/probably that our teammate fit into both of these targeting groups, so not completely surprised that she is getting targeted.  Is there anything that I can do about this duplicate placement on the page? I understand that with frequency capping, I could limit this, but that isn't exactly what I'm looking for.  I just want to make sure that my display banner ads don't show twice on the same page.  Anything I can do for this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Duplicate Display Ad placement on a site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aaron T

Well... I personally think that having more than one banner on the page adds  "presence" / visibility to the business. Especially if  the ad is not shown in adjacent ad unit.

Now, I'm not sure that there is a good way to avoid that. For that, you'll have to set only one ad-group for all banner sizes. However, if you do so, you'll not be able to adjust the bid based on the banner size. (Big banners, typically, occupy more than one ad slot and are more expensive)

Another option to test is responsive ads. Though I'm not sure (in this structure)  that if you win 2 ad units  within a given page, the ad will not be shown on the 2nd unit...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’