6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I advertise a product for the Australian Market.

Previously I setup a site for international sales of this product on a seperate domain.

I will be only focusing on Australian sales of this product for the next 6 months and I want to turn the content I developed for the international site into an adwords landing page on the .com.au site.

I will still keep this same content on the international domain.

Will I suffer penalties? Should I atribute the content on the international domain to my .com.au site?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate Content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adam;

Let's see if I got you correctly;

Previously, you had a .com site, which you   promoted (on Adwords?) internationally; 

Now you want to set a landing page .com.au and target only Australia;

Are you using the same Adwords account? (And setting a new campaign  to geo-target Australia?)

Did the (past) global campaign perform well?

Generally; my first recommendation would be to tailor / customize the   landing page for Australia. (The English; culture...etc. are different than a campaign targeting a global audience.) Make it more localized, catering to an  Australian audience.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Adam,

Agreeing to the comments from Moshe, I would suggest you to localize your content for different audience. One of the important benefits of this distinction would be ability to measure your content performance based on the region. This will also help you make customized changes to the content based on the feedback from a particular region. Overall, it will contribute to the better campaign performance in Adwords.

Kapil M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi close to right, I promoted the .com site on adwords but only in a very limited way for a week or two. The content would be changed just a little but my product is highly technical with a lot of explaining needed to be done. The content would be put on my AU site basicaly exactly the same as was on the .com site. I would remove the content from the .com site, there is not much scope to cutomise the content for Australia as like I said it is pretty technical and the language I would have used would have been Australian style anyway as I did not go through it and make customise into customize etc