AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Drop off in Clicks for the Enhanced Campaigns so far...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone else seen a drop off in traffic when they switched to Enhanced?  I have 8 separate campaigns and the 2 that I have switched have recieved ZERO clicks in the past 2 days.  The other campaigns are recieving the usual amount of clicks.  All the bids are maxed to the high end...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Drop off in Clicks for the Enhanced Campaigns so far...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hmm...

Were there any enhanced options that you changed when you switched to enhanced campaigns? These new campaigns are way more complicated, it's hard to say what the problem could be...

Can you go back over the past X amount of time before you made the switch, use all your segments, look at your stats, and see where the performance was coming from. Was it tablets, PC's, mobile, which networks, what time of day or days of the week, locations, click types, devices, ad extensions, etc., etc. Then look at all the settings options and bid adjustments of your enhanced campaigns. Is there anything that stands out?

One of the many reasons why I am NOT rushing into the change, without experimenting with some brand new enhanced campaigns. Once you change over you can't go back, and I don't want to experiment with campaigns that are currently effective. Why break something that doesn't need fixing? Smiley Happy

Tom

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi AffordableGlass and welcome to the forum.  Can you start with all the usual checks?  Are your Ads all approved still?  No pauses, default bids all OK, etc. etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by "All the bids are maxed to the high end..." can you clarify?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just curious if anyone else has noticed a drop off in clicks as I have after swtiching to Enhanced...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi AffordableGlass, I haven't personally, and if anyone else has I'd ask the same questions I've already asked you.  Moving to an Enhanced Campaign changes the relationship between Desktop, Tablet and Mobile devices. as well as changing the bids for these in some fashion.  If you've seen a change, there are many different possible causes, most of which could be specific to you.

We'll need to know the basics of your setup and answers to my original questions before we can begin to analyse the problem.

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have and the drop in traffic has been close to 0 clicks a day from 1-200. It's very worrying so I called AdWords support. I'm waiting to see what they're saying...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Bogdan, can you give us some more details?

Are all your Ads approved? Are you seeing impressions or neither impressions nor clicks? How long have you been running the new Campaign(s)?

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Jon,

All ads are approved, the campaign has been running smoothly with the same configuration for more than 1 year. After the upgrade happened, I'm seeing no impressions and no clicks. I called the AdWords support line but I haven't yet heard back.