4.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Drop in enquiries - Help!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have recently uploaded a new website which is connected to my existing adwords campaigns. Problem is... I am getting the same amount of clicks on an average but phone and enquiries have dropped. I have checked all the obvious things like URL links etc and been in contact with adwords help and after checking they say that all is ok. But I'm still not sure whats going on... any suggestions as I cannot understand the drop in enquiries, Thank you Smiley Happy

Re: Drop in enquiries - Help!!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anne

Welcome to the community!

As you have mentioned that you have uploaded a new website and after that your enquiries and phone calls decreased, it means the user is not clear what to do after visiting your website. Your enquiry form and numbers are not properly highlighted to a user.

I suggest that you read the post below for increasing the enquiry form submission:
http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2013/07/11/landing-page-conversion-rate-guide

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your reply and the link that I will study.

Just a question... do you think I should include a contact form on each page ie on the left sidebar?

Also, am I able to get feedback on here for my website if I give a URL?

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, having a enquiry form infornt of the user all the time will definitely increase form submissions. I again suggest that you must read that post before designing your enquiry form.

Posting about your URL, since it is a public forum, so its totally upto you that you want to reveal it publicly.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

My wesite is www.noiseairconsultants.co.uk I would be grateful for any feedback on the websitwith a view to adwords performance. 

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Here are some suggestion that i think you should look as of now:
1. Keep the most important portion of the website in the first fold of the page so that the user will see the exact information that you want them see.
2. Text should be off different colour.
3. Links to the services in the banner are highlighted properly.
4. Phone number not highlighted also keep the phone number visible all the time to the user.
5. Enquiry form on all the pages
6. Reviews should be in first fold.
7. Same with the clients names.
8. If you are advertising on the mobile devices, then make your website mobile compatible.

My views!

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback which is really helpful Smiley Happy Just to clarify...

Do you think all text needs to be darker?

How do I get all that information above the fold ie info + testimonials etc??

Can I also ask you if you think the top menu navigation is ok... ie too complicated?

Thanks for your time... much appreciated!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne M
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes the text should be in a darker so it is highlighted clearly. To keep all the information in first fold try making a review box which change the testimonial after 15-20 seconds, make strip of clients below the banner which highlight all the major brand their itself. Use 4-5 different banners to include rest other information.
I suggest that you visit different website, get some ideas from them for each portion of your website.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anne,

As you are saying that, you have witnessed a decrease in phone calls and enquiries after you switched over to your new website, then it is definitely a matter of concern. However, it could have been better, if you could have shared your ad copy as well. The reason behind I am asking this that it would have given us a clear insight on the text you are using to target your visitors with clear comparison to your website content.

It seems that you are using your website homepage as your landing page (correct me if I am wrong). In this scenario, you have to be very precise in content presentation on homepage, as you want users to interact with you directly from this page.
Here are some points I think you may relook.

1) Create a content structure that helps visitors identify with their need and as well as with your ad copy. It is very important. Otherwise, you will lose your visitors.
2) I also suggest you to have a small form to accept enquiries directly from the website rather asking your visitors to email you. This is from the view point of visitors’ convenience.
3) At the bottom, you have a link which takes visitors to your ‘About Us’ page. My suggestion is to replace this link with ‘Contact Us’ page. This will increase the inflow of enquiries.
4) Make your customer testimonials more visible to encourage new visitors to contact you. Customer testimonials serve as an influential and essential piece of information for new visitors. So, don’t overlook them.
5) I also feel that you should also look at your image presentation.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M