Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Drop in Clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I am running a campaign which is related to wedding ceremany from last couple of weeks onwords my campaign was not generating the clicks, last week it generated only 7 clicks,  before last week clicks 14 and month starting clicks are 20 and my monthly budget was $1200 so what are the factors which are effecting my campaign to dropping the clicks and how can i overcome these problem , what optimizations stratgies are required to improve the clicks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikas Reddy
September 2015

Re: Drop in Clicks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi kondeti v,

There are lot of factors that can affect the campaign in terms of substantial fall in clicks.
But before proceeding i would like to ask some questions.

1] Have you done any changes recently on keywords CPC ?
2] Have you checked that your all Ads are running efficiently and are not disapproved ?
3] Have you seen any substantial drop in keywords QS. Lower QS cause you ads to show on lower position which might lead to low number of clicks.

Please share some more info so that community users can help you in more appropriate manner.

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

There might be lot of factors which comes into picture if we talk about drop in clicks. It could be due to high competition and you are not bidding enough, which is leading to dropping off the clicks. It could be the Quality Score of your keywords going down due to the fact that you have a low Ad Rank. Budget issues, keyword matchin type can be one concern if you are bidding primarily on broad match type keywords.

Also, which sort of campaigns are you running like Search only, Display only or what?

You need to give us the exact picture to get specific opinions. You can find general tips here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2633227?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
1. I am decreased the bids for keywords contain the average position of 1 - 3
2.My All Ads Are Approved status only
3. 50% of my keywords quality score was recorded below 5 and remain keywords quality score was recorded as above 6
4. I campaign type was only search network only

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

If you have decreased the bid of keywords with position 1 - 3, then i think this is the main reason why you have faced a drop in clicks.

Following are some of my suggestions to increase the clicks pattern the way it was before.
1] Increase the keywords bids to get maximum clicks. Consider using estimated bids info.
2] Increase QS which will help you achieve better Adrank at lowest CPC.

Hope this helps!
Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.