1.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dramatic decrease in clicks and impressions the last few months

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the first 3 months of the year, my campaign was receiving a high number of impressions(1000+) and clicks. We paused the campaign temporarily (about a month). When we restarted the campaign, we barely receive 2 clicks a day and at most 50 impressions (for the past 3 months). Is there anything that is directly affecting this?

Re: Dramatic decrease in clicks and impressions the last few months

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

You didn´t do any changes except pausing and activating? Not even upgrading to enhanced campaigns?

Is this a search or display or mixed (search + display) campaign?
If it´s a display or mixed campaignm, one probable reason could be that you before got a lot of impressions on a specfic placement (domain, website, url) that no longer is eligible to show Google ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just recently upgraded the campaign to enhanced (search network only). I also created 1 additional ad for the campaign since restarting it, but thats it. Even though some of the ads have a low quality score, they are shown frequently throughout the day. Every campaign i've managed thoough, even some ads with low quality scores still have impressions in the 100s on a given day. As a result, i'm stumped by this one.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Sounds like some configuration has changed, but why and which one(s) is hard to tell.
I´d start with checking device, geo and bids configs, thereafter checking that keyword match types are not too narrow and thereafter all kinds of targeting options at campaign and (if this is a display campaign) ad group level.