AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Doubling my user acquisition number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our CEO want me to double my user acquisition number in the next three weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations on what short term levers I can pull for this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Madlie,

Use Target CPA and increase budgets (by a lot).

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I'm thinking about asking for double + 20% assuming that the additional traffic I can get will be tougher to convert since so far I've optimized to only put budget on the highest converting traffic.

Is there a formula to know how much additional budget to request?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Madlie,

You are welcome.

It can vary but a few things you can do is look at historical data (past performance) of your campaigns and learn what is being lost. AdWords will make suggestions for you on budget, too.

Start by looking at each campaign and seeing what the system suggests (status column and graph next to it) for increasing budget and make a note. Also, look at the opportunities tab (top of page). 

Next, add in a few custom columns that will help you learn more. Go to Campaigns, click on Columns and then modify columns. Go to Competitive Metrics and add in: Search Lost IS (rank), Search Lost IS (budget), Display Lost IS (rank),
and Display Lost IS (budget). Click apply at the bottom. Note that you can drag column orders around... and add any others you want, too. Columns are important in setting up your dashboard to feed you the info you need. Columns can be modified for most all other categories, as well. Be sure to play around with the date range to yield more insight.

From here, you will need to think about ROAS (return on ad spend) and being profitable for the company. And think about what their goals are for advertising, what conversions they want/need to happen to be happy. These elements will allow you to dial in a positive ROI (return on investment). 

Dig around a bit and let us know what you discover. 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Madlie,

Since you want to increase user acquisition, start increasing your reach by using different type of campaigns like search, display, and using high modifier on mobile to acquire mobile traffic as well.

Regards,

Manish