AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Double cost per month only change is number of clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Beginning in May of 2012 my average monthly cost has doubled.  There has been essentially no change in CPC and more importantly, there has been no appreciable change in leads.  Not sure of the cause.  I'm already limiting my ads to a 13 mile geographic radius. 

The only thing I can confirm is that I've received more calls from SEO vendors wanting to "Improve" my CTR for a fee that exceeds even my current AdWords monthly cost. I'm a one man shop 

Any insight regarding how to improve would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Double cost per month only change is number of clicks.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mequoncpa,

The conspiracy theory reg. SEO vendors you're slightly hinting to probably doesn't work because that would require a high level of organization work and the associated costs would perhaps be excessive. A plausible explanation could be based on changes in ISP ownership which then often entails changes in IP number distribution systems. (That could attach additional users to your targeted audience.)

So that to devise a feasible remedy we should know much more about your account. Your best option might be to seek professional help in case you have a friend you trust who could have a short look at your campaign. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Double cost per month only change is number of clicks.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mequoncpa,

The conspiracy theory reg. SEO vendors you're slightly hinting to probably doesn't work because that would require a high level of organization work and the associated costs would perhaps be excessive. A plausible explanation could be based on changes in ISP ownership which then often entails changes in IP number distribution systems. (That could attach additional users to your targeted audience.)

So that to devise a feasible remedy we should know much more about your account. Your best option might be to seek professional help in case you have a friend you trust who could have a short look at your campaign. 

Best,

Lakatos