Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Doing remarketing right way?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I need some help with Adwords remarketing.

Currently I am running remarketing campaign with Focus on clicks. I have remarketing tag placed on website month ago also building a list as well.

I have visited all my webpages to make sure I also see remarketing ads on googles partner website.

But for some reason I dont see my ads not even single ads but as per google it is showing impressions and clicks.

My main purpose is to show my ads frequently to my remarketing list. Regardless of how many times they see it in a day.

Can someone please guide me on same?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Doing remarketing right way?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Use frequency capping to help control the maximum number of times that you'd like each person to see your ad on the Display Network.
When you turn on frequency capping for a campaign, you set a limit for the number of impressions you will allow an individual user to have per day, per week, or per month. You also choose whether the limit applies to each ad, ad group, or campaign.
To get started, go to your campaign's Settings tab. Under "Advanced settings," click Edit next to "Frequency capping.
But if you want to show ads as much as you can, you need to turn of the frequency capping feature plus increase bids for your retargeting campaign

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Mansoor,

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand here, you are worried if your remarketing campaign is serving ads to people in your location or nearby? If that is the case, then can do a quick check of your targeted locations in your remarketing campaign?

Basically, if you are not targeting your location (where you physically operate out of) but are targeting locations outside of your own location, you will not be shown your own remarketing ads.

Now, if you are targeting your own location in the remarketing campaign then you should not be worried if the interface shows you are recording numbers. It could very well be that you are not on a adsense enabled website on the display network which is why you cannot see your own ads.

I have faced the same situation where I could not see my own ads despite targeting my own physical location and I had to use Frequency capping to cap the number of impressions and then splitting up the campaign by targeting smaller locations and allocating enough budget to them.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thanks for replying..

As you quote: It could very well be that you are not on a adsense enabled website on the display network which is why you cannot see your own ads.

It's not correct, I know the website I am visiting they have adsense or not. Because I can see google ads running there. In fact other peoples ads are following me on their websites but I am unable to see my ads.

Just for reference Here is the setting of my campaign let me know if I am doing anything wrong.
PFA, Attached Image url : http://i59.tinypic.com/2v8pdmr.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Mansoor,

Thanks for sharing the settings pic with us. First of all, I would suggest you change your advanced targeting setting to: 'People in my Targeted Location'.

With your current setting, your ads are going to be shown to all people who show the slightest of inclination towards your targeted location & your service/product. By making this change, you will essentially be narrowing or rather refining your targeting to a more precise set of audience.

Another thing that I would like to mention here is that you are targeting way to many location together in one campaign especially when it is a remarketing campaign. I would also suggest here is that you break the campaign into smaller locations and create a new remarketing campaign for each location.

So you can have a remarketing campaign for Bombay, Navi Bombay, etc. and then another for United Kingdom, etc. This way, you will know which location is doing well for you and you will be in a much better position to judge the campaigns performance.

I strongly suggest you take these two actions and you should see your campaign performing more efficiently ( in terms of targeting and overall performance).

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
OK Shashank. Now I have changed setting to People in my Targeted Location. Also have remove other countries (Will create separate campaign for other countries). I hope apart from this my Bid strategy & Ad rotation setting is right . Will update here how it goes.

Thanks,

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
All the best with that Mansoor. Hope it works wonders for you.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mansoor S
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Also make sure you didn't opt out of interest-based advertising which includes remarketing: https://www.google.com/settings/ads

Also, I wouldn't recommend CPM bidding for a remarketing campaign. I would really recommend CPC at least.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Thanks for picking that up Maxime.

@Mansoor - Maxime is absolutely right here. I don't think CPM bidding is good for a Remarketing campaign. CPC bidding should be your ideal choice here.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shashank,

I hope you there.

I just saw in my remarketing setting I have selected all features option instead of remarketing.
Is this the thing I am not able to see my own ads on Google partner websites?