Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Dog Walker Company London

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a dog walking company The London Dog Walkers & Cat Sitter Co that provide dog walkers in London. Specifically Kensington and Chelsea, Euston and Warren Street, Clapham and Vauxhall (London Borough of Lambeth). We also provide other pet services including cat sitters, puppy carers/visits and cat boarding from zones 1 to 3 in London.

We have run campaigns to receive new clients for our dog walkers and our cat sitters with a lot of wastage. Let me explain.
Firstly our dog walker campaign: We received visits and the responses we did receive consisted entirely of students will terrible incoherent paragraphs requesting us to employ them. We included such terms as job, jobs, cv in our negative keywords list. Nevertheless all we received were requests for jobs when the ad was clear we were looking for new clients.

If we did receive any interest then that potential client would be in an area we cannot presently cover. However for the city of London it would seem that we may be able to choose geo-targeting. Google is just not able to implement it?

So we now have created highly specific campaigns: Chelsea Dog Walker with the keywords Chelsea Dog Walker, Chelsea Dog Walkers, Dog Walkers Chelsea etc however we have not received any new clients via this.

Cat Sitter campaign: Again because we can only viably target the entire city of London through Google Adwords we are receiving either requests from clients who are too far for us to provide services too. Or they are looking for Christmas Cat Sitter. We want new clients that require are services in the immediate future and want to eliminate receiving requests from clients too far afield and minimalize those requesting our services only for the holiday period. Can you help us achieve this?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dog Walker Company London

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi LondonDogWalker,

Have you considered a mobile campaign? Google can target mobile phones more exactly based on location of the phone.

Just a thought. Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi LondonDogWalker,

I looked a little further, finally saw your ad using query "Dog Walking service Chelsea". And I see you do target mobile devices as we.

I only have one suggestion for you. I can't really tell what landing page you are using, but the home page, dog sitting and dog walking pages offer no form for contact and just give an email address and phone number. That's not necessarily the way people searching on Google will want to interact with you. Usually, they will prefer to submit a form on your site. I did note that the cat sitting page does have a link to a contact form.

The top image occupies nearly all the space above the fold. Baby blue on white does not provide much contrast and makes it harder to read. I had a hard time figuring out what action you want the user to take. I'd bet your visitors are, too.

Sorry, but that's all I got, and it likely didn't help much.

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi LondonDogWalker,;

I think I answered a similar question of yours, a few weeks ago,  explaining  that Geo-targeting in the UK is not as accurate as in the US. Hence, you'll have to include your  geo-locations (your neighborhoods)  as  keywords,  and to exclude  other neighborhoods by using negative keywords,

These limitations are not Google's technology,  but rather the configuration of UK/ European communication infrastructure.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi LondonDogWalker, let me first start on a negative note.  Regretably, Adwords doesn't work for everyone: at the end of the day, it may simply be that your business and it's high locality are not a good match for the Adwords system - it may be that there's no solution.

With that in mind, let's try and find one!  My colleague Pete has already outlined that there are some things about your site that could be improved.  Adwords optimisation is as much about optimising the landing website as it is about the Adwords campaign itself - some would say more so.  Putting money into Adwords when the website is not optimal for conversions is like putting it down the drain.  Imagine a high street store that doesn't have prices on the goods (we've all seen that) or which scatters their products in odd locations, has only one cashier and only accepts one type of credit card.  You get the picture.  I've seen a lot worse than your site, but it's a little "busy" and there's a lot to read.  For Adwords at least I'd be looking to get the message across quickly, effectively, and with little fuss.  Do you know what your Bounce rates and time on site/pageviews averages are from Analytics?  Have you imported the Analytics data into Adwords (this can be very useful in gauging keyword efficiency).

I wonder if it's worth considering a YouTube campaign?  I presume your job-seekers are coming through Search, yes?  If you advertised on YouTube - targeting the many pet/animal videos that are there - you may capture more of the pet lovers and fewer of the job-seekers.  Just an idea.

So, in short:

1)  If your clicks are not converting, look to your website as well as the Adwords campaign.  Use Analytics to try and spot worrying trends and failures after a visitor lands on your site.

2)  Consider other Adwords outlets - YouTube, managed placements on specific pet sites, etc.  Search may not be the best option for your business.

3)  Don't flog a dead horse.  If, after you've exhausted every option, it's still not working, you may have to accept that and look for alternative advertising methods; just don't give up too easily!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a carpet cleaning campaign in London.

I think the area you outlined isnt big enough. I would imagine carpet cleaning is more common than dog walking and I dont get much traffic from those areas you cover.

I would target Lambeth in the location settings or do a radius area

and use mofied broad search in that area

+dog +walker +chelsea

+dog +walker +London