Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Doesn't seem like IP:adress is collected but location data is shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

We have our own solution of sending data to GA, for security reasons, which makes things a bit more challenging. We are now supposedly sending IP: addresses to GA and can see that location data is shown.

However, we can't create a filter on an "include only" IP:address. Does this mean that it's not working, or that it's partially working? Can location data be collected in another way than from IP? Does anyone know where we should start digging to solve this issue? 

Thanks in advance!

Anna

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

Need a little more information here. Are you sending measurement protocol hits to GA? And are you using IP Override in measurement protocol to set IP address? 

@KathleenG Can you please move this thread to analytics community?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Nik!

Yes we're sending measurement hits to GA and we're using IP Override in measurement protocol to set IP address.

Cheers!

Anna

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Anna

When IP is passed (by override) explicitly in a hit either measurement protocol or app/web hit it is automatically anonymized and because it is anonymized it can not be used in filters.

If you can provide a specific use-case for these filters there can be other workarounds.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog