AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Does website layout change make any changed my current campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does website layout change make any difference to my current ad-word campaign? or I should say what are the factors could be consider if cost per click going up, impression down, CTR % down dramatically, numbers of leads down?

Spending the same amount of money.. we only changed whole structure of the current website so again does it really affect my current ad-word campaign to any extent?

Am very much confused please help me so I can clear all things and do make the changes which can improve my conversions. Any help would really make my day!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Does website layout change make any changed my current campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

• If it is a long running campaign, the main factor affecting the QS is your CTR;
  • What are the changes that you have seen? A higher CPC? A lower position?

"My feeling" is that the  latest changes in QS reporting  Google has announced, could affect your QS,  and as a result, may influence  your campaign performance.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe,

I am interpreting that article slightly different . For me it is a change in the reporting of the QS not in the prices that advertisers have to pay. It is like if now we only know the QS for a keyword it could be broken down the the QS of the combination Ad + keyword, some useful sort of segmenting or something else :

"an update that changes how each keyword’s 1-10 numeric Quality Score is reported in AdWords"

The way I see this message is that they may have changed the landing pages, and that is affecting their lead rate :

"we only changed whole structure of the current website"

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@ Adrian; 

Because  the OP said that he changed the structure of the site I opened my answer  by saying that  if it is a long lasting campaign the major factor is CTR; All other factors ar negligible (unless this is a new campaign)

I know that the blog post is discussing only changes in reporting. However, users have experienced changes is QS .This is hinted/  implied in the blog when Google is saying ".... and thus won't have any direct effect on your ad performance. So unless you have automated rules tied directly to your reported 1-10 Quality Score, your ads should continue to behave as they did before."

Adwords is about details, and when Google talks about campaign's performance,  there is "more to the subject  than meets the eye" Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Making performance in adwords will become as complicated as surgery Smiley Happy